Autumn in Yellowstone Park

Autumn in Yellowstone Park
triple rainbow

Welcome to my house of sky

The sky is my roof in my favorite house--out and about in Nature--sun, snow, rain, warm days and cold. Everything about what is going on around me in fields and mountains and beside creeks is fascinating.

Here in my blog I will be sharing tidbits of what I am seeing - in my yard and on trips up trails and over into nearby Yellowstone National Park.

I hope you enjoy exploring with me.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Not just another day in the Park

I left the world of green grass, sunshine yellow daffodils and gold finches singing in my yard for the uncertain weather of Yellowstone Park. From my house to Yellowstone is about 90 miles by car, closer by as the raven flies and several weather patterns difference.

The snow is clearing except in the higher country. Gray-crowned rosy-finches are flocking like a "startle" of finches. Sandhill cranes are preening and beginning to nest. Coyotes delighting in
rodent suppers and Mountain bluebirds decorating the sage and grasses with brighter-than-sky blue.

I didn't see any bears, but they are out and wandering around, except for the mamas with brand new cubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment